Akdang Passionista

Sa walang hanggang katanungan, walang hanggan ang malalaman. Sa bawat tanong, mamimili ka, kung may bibitawan o may panghahawakan. Sa huli, sarili pa rin ang mamamayani.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Enigma

I was jumping on my feet when you were happy.My tears were falling as you cried.I raised my hands to the heavens when you were worshiping.I kneeled when you were praying.My lips were sealed when you chose to keep everything to yourself.My mind was boggling when you were confused.I openly spoke when you knew you were on the right side.And when you got to your most depressing moment, my heart cried with you.Yes. Whatever you’ve been or going through, I’ve had my share. The irony is, as everyone is created by God uniquely, everyone goes through the same experiences, only in a different way, in a different time, in a different pattern. My search did not end when I surrendered my life to the Lord. In fact, I found myself searching and digging deeper when I met the all-knowing God. The “when’s”, “why’s”, etc., did not seize coming from my lips. I’ve been very vocal to the Lord about everything I feel. Even though I know that He already knows, I still ask. Just at this very moment I’m writing this article and I’m sure till the very moment you’re reading this, I still have questions.A woman of God lost her baby.A family serving the Lord was left by its mother.A faithful tither lost her money.A servant of the Lord got fired by the company.A new believer died of sickness.The list goes on. Why does the loving God allow these things to happen?God is a very infinite God. Even the mind of the most intelligent man in this world cannot be compared to the mind of God. The kind of knowledge that we have now cannot comprehend everything that God is doing to our lives. But we do not stop there. God does not leave us hanging with nothing to hold on to.“And we know that God causes ALL things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.” – Romans 8:28This is a promise from the Lord. ALL things. Not only the good things, not only the sad moments – ALL things. Do we know why? Specifically, no; but generally, as what He promised, all things that God allows to happen is for the good of those who love God. This is what we could hold on to His promise and the one who promised is FAITHFUL.A faithful God is an enough answer to the “why’s” and other questions you can think of. Every time you are faced with a seemingly bad situation, remember, “No harms befall the righteous…” (Proverbs 12:21a). You were not created to lose the fight. You were created to run, to endure, to finish the race and to become an overcomer. We know that the baby of the woman of God is now with the Lord.The mother of the family serving the Lord is now free from pain.The faithful tither will receive bountiful blessings, more that what she lost, in due time.The servant of the Lord will one day succeed in his career out of his obedience to the Lord.The new believer is now feeling the embrace of God.And more than what ears could hear, more than what the eyes could see and more that what the mind could understand, God is already doing something extravagant to those people who continue to endure and to hold on to His promises.In my ten years walk with the Lord, He allowed me to go through circumstances that I thought I could never overcome, but eventually, I did. Still here. Still hanging. Holding on to His promises. Every piece of the puzzle I have in my hands I hold firmly. All of them are part of my life’s enigma. Everything I experienced and will soon go through has reasons that complete my calling.The things we possess, as well as the things we don’t own, fit the puzzle. Every trials, joys and pains that we experience are pieces of the puzzle. Once the puzzle I complete, it’s time for God to unveil the picture of our lives. It’s time to be where He is, by His side.This year 2007, may we continue to become overcomers for the Lord. Hold on to His promises. His will over ours. His heart beat, our heart beat. A work of art is waiting to be unveiled once the puzzle is finished. There’s so much more to see.“I have heard You by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees You.”(Job 42:5)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home